2007 January 25th
WhitePages.com Completes 2006 With Record Revenue
Year marked by introduction of new products and value-added services tailored for today
SEATTLE-January 25, 2007
WhitePages.com, the best place for searching, finding and connecting with people, today announced it closed 2006 with record revenue and strong consumer traction that significantly boosted its ranking as one of the most trafficked sites on the Web. During 2006, WhitePages.com continued its heritage of innovation and consumer excellence through the introduction of new products and value-added services customized to meet the evolving needs of consumers today.
2006 Business Results
• For the first time in company history, consumers conducted more than 1.8 billion total searches at WhitePages.com, saving almost $2 billion in landline directory assistance fees.¹
• Forty-five percent revenue growth over 2005 to exceed $52 million, cementing WhitePages.com's position as the leading People Search site on the Web today.
• Seized the number 41 spot on the comScore Media Metrix list of all Internet properties, moving up nine positions over 2005.
• W3 Data, the B2B business unit of WhitePages.com, Inc achieved more than 50 percent revenue growth for the second consecutive year, with tremendous traction of its XML integration tools and professional services.
"We're very proud of our accomplishments in 2006 as they reflect our commitment to deliver the best online experience for consumers who need accurate people-oriented information," said Max Bardon, president and COO of WhitePages.com, Inc. "The year was marked by innovative new services and products that have evolved organically to meet today's needs. The company's growth and consumer loyalty metrics demonstrate that we're responding accurately to a dynamic market and we are excited to continue on this trajectory in 2007 to further differentiate WhitePages.com as the number one People Search site on the Web today."
New Products and Services Launched in 2006 - For Consumers
• WhitePages.com Mobile: Provides users of cell phones, BlackBerrys and PDAs access to the same information found at www.whitepages.com, optimized specifically for use on a wide range of mobile handsets with easy navigation and viewing of all content within one screen.
• Email Search: New service allows consumers to search for email addresses through a unique blind relay system that helps protect privacy by allowing individuals to determine who can view their email address; this service expands the contact points for connecting and interacting with others.
• WhitePages.com Centers: New suite of life-stage content areas provides helpful information consumers seek when planning a wedding, buying a car, moving or embarking on a home improvement project. Located through the Tools and Resources page, consumers can select Wedding, Auto, and Moving & Home Improvement Centers for related consumer content and support.
New Products and Services Launched in 2006 - For Advertisers
• Geo-destination Targeting: Using the latest Geo-destination Targeting technology, WhitePages.com enables marketers to deliver advertising to a geographically targeted audience based on a combination of the user's location and the location of their search.
• In-Market Targeting: WhitePages.com's In-Market Targeting places a unique twist on the standard behavioral targeting model by enabling marketers to target high-impact display ads to consumers who are actively searching WhitePages.com's business listings in a particular category.
Third-Party Recognition and Awards
WhitePages.com earned extensive industry recognition and professional awards based on growth, corporate culture and innovation in 2006. Nationally, WhitePages.com earned the number 73 spot on the Deloitte 2006 Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications and life sciences companies in North America, where it has appeared for two consecutive years. Also for the second year in a row, the company secured a spot on the coveted Inc. 500, coming in at 123.
Regionally, WhitePages.com jumped two spots over the previous year, and secured the number three position on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Program for the Pacific Northwest. Recognition as a Seattle best company to work for came from Seattle Metropolitan Magazine and Seattle Business Monthly. Finally, WhitePages.com Mobile has been named a finalist for the 2007 Washington Software Alliance (WSA) Industry Achievement Awards 'Consumer Product of the Year,' an award the regular Website won in 2006; winners of the 2007 award will be announced in March 2007.
WhitePages.com combines access to the richest source of contact information available on the Internet today, including more than 150 million U.S. and Canadian residential, business and email listings. WhitePages.com People Search leverages this powerful proprietary database coupled with targeted third-party content to give consumers a holistic method of accessing people-specific information through one unified search experience. With nearly 22 million unique users per month who conduct on average more than 130 million monthly searches, WhitePages.com leads the growing people search category, and is the 41st most trafficked website according to comScore Media Metrix.
WhitePages.com, a privately held company based in Seattle, is the most trusted and comprehensive source for consumers to quickly and easily find relevant, accurate contact information in North America. The company's network of sites include WhitePages.com (www.whitepages.com), WhitePages.ca (www.whitepages.ca), 411.com (www.411.com), Address.com (www.address.com), PhoneNumber.com (www.phonenumber.com), and its 1,300 partner sites including Superpages.com, YellowPages.com and Canada411. The on-the-go user can also access contact information via cell phone, Blackberrys and other web-enabled mobile devices.
For more information, press only:
Current Press Releases
Mar 29, 2013
Current Caller ID App from WhitePages Adds Call and Text Blocking, Surpasses 4 Million Downloads
Feb 13, 2013
LinkedIn Co-Founder Konstantin Guericke and Startup Guru Geoff Entress Join WhitePages Board
Press Release Archives